CAREERS AT LOTUS POINT WELLNESS
WE ARE ALWAYS LOOKING FOR QUALIFIED CANDIDATES TO JOIN OUR TEAM! CURRENTLY, WE ARE LOOKING FOR AN EFT COUPLES THERAPIST AND A CHILD & ADOLESCENT INDIVIDUAL THERAPIST TO JOIN OUR PRACTICE! Diversity would be an added bonus.
Are you passionate about the latest advances in psychotherapy and committed to doing top-notch client work? Do you want to work with a team of warm, engaged, and like-minded colleagues who believe in social and racial justice? Do you like working with motivated, diverse clients and prefer to focus on your clinical work and not have to worry about billing, marketing and overhead? We are looking for talented, motivated and committed therapists to join our growing team of mental health practitioners, nutritionists, Health and Wellness Coaches, Acupuncturist and yoga/meditation teachers.
WHO ARE WE?
Lotus Point Wellness, Inc. is a thriving and growing, fee-for-service psychotherapy and wellness group practice for all ages. We work with individuals, couples, families, adolescents, young children, and groups. We integrate counseling, nutrition, acupuncture and yoga/meditation practices to support our clients in developing inner resilience, healthy and secure relationships, a healthy relationship to oneself, healing past trauma; navigating transitions and creating a balanced lifestyle. The ideal candidate will have significant post-licensure experience and will be grounded in attachment theory, Emotionally Focused Therapy (if possible, but a must for working with couples), and/or one or more other cutting edge psychotherapy modalities, such as AEDP (Accelerated Experiential Dynamic Psychotherapy), IFS (Internal Family Systems), DBT, child-centered play therapy, and/or ACT.
WHAT WE DO
Our psychotherapy services include play therapy, child, adolescent and adult individual therapy, couples therapy (Emotionally Focused Couple Therapy and AEDP), family therapy (utilizing attachment-based theory and systems theory), and supportive/psycho-educational/skills-based groups (i.e. social skills for children; stress and anxiety reduction for children; adolescent groups; parent support; grief and loss). We offer nutrition services including assessments and treatment with collaboration with therapists to support overall mental health and wellness. We also offer Health & Wellness Coaching, yoga/meditation services and classes and yoga add-ons to our groups. Acupuncture services will be added in 2019. Because we are a small group practice, we are also open to adding new services and groups based on the interests of the staff.
OUR APPROACH AND PHILOSOPHY
Our approach is collaborative, integrative and empowering, and is based in childhood and adult attachment theory, trauma-informed techniques and treatments and proven approaches to relationship wellness and integrative healing.
On a philosophical level, we are looking for someone who looks through a lens of health and wellness and secure attachment versus pathology. We are committed to social and racial justice and work from that perspective for and with our clients. We help our clients bring compassionate curiosity to their difficulties and help them create shifts from the inside out, using a respectful, integrative approach. We believe in the transformative power of the therapeutic relationship, which is the foundation for growth and change.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
We are looking for compassionate, articulate, highly skilled and seasoned therapists to join our growing wellness practice.
The right candidate will be fully-licensed mental health clinician interested in working in a part-time position, with at least 1+ post-licensure years experience, personal maturity and self-awareness, and preferably have significant personal experience with mindfulness practices and body-mind integration and comfort and experience with diversity of all types.
Those wanting a caseload including individuals and/or couples should be grounded in one or more experiential, mindfulness-based, neuro-biologically-informed approaches such as EFT (Emotionally Focused Therapy), AEDP (Accelerated Experiential Dynamic Psychotherapy), IFS (Internal Family Systems) or Somatic Experiencing.
Those wanting a caseload including child, adolescent and family therapy should have significant experience with play therapy, sand-tray therapy, providing parenting guidance and family therapy, from a child-centered, attachment-informed, perspective.
Experience leading groups for young children and adolescents is a plus.
WE’RE ALWAYS LOOKING TO DIVERSITY OUR TEAM OF PROFESSIONALS
As part of our mission, we are working towards social and racial justice. To that end, we are specifically looking to have a team that reflects our values, our local community, and clients which represent diverse people.
Though not required an added bonus would be the following:
- bilingual candidates
- BIPOC candidates
- LGBTQ candidates
- a male clinician
If this isn’t exactly a fit but you are still interested in working with us at Lotus Point, we are always open to a conversation and networking for potential opportunities. Please, don’t hesitate to reach out!
WHAT WE OFFER
- A competitive salary
- 401 K
- Continuing Education Reimbursement
- Beautiful work spaces in Silver Spring, College Park, and Bethesda, Maryland which are fully equipped for play therapy and sand tray therapy, as well as, rooms large enough for groups and a yoga/meditation studio in Silver Spring.
- Flexible work hours
- Autonomy and room for creativity
- Marketing, direct referrals and assistance generating referrals
- Collegial work environment, including weekly staff meetings and peer supervision, occasional in-service trainings
- Cross-referrals within our team
- Fully Licensed to practice in the state of Maryland as a psychotherapist with licensure at a Clinical level with at least 2 years of post-licensure experience. Can be an LCSW-C, LCPC, LCMFT ** We would consider a graduate level licensed candidate who is close to full licensure, as we can provide supervision.
- Training in mind-body wellness and/or mindfulness is a significant plus.
- Emotionally Focused Couple Therapy (at least the 4 day-externship) a significant plus (or willingness and interest in pursuing this) for those interested in doing couple therapy.
- Experience with young children and families.
- Experience doing groups, including social skills, ADHD groups, support groups for tweens, teens, and stress/anxiety reduction groups for children of various ages.
- Eclectic approach and grounding in a variety of theoretical models, including psychodynamic theories, AEDP, ACT, DBT, and/or CBT, along with mindfulness, developmental awareness, family systems, mindfulness-based approaches, attachment-based and trauma informed experience; an interest in holistic and integrative approaches would be a plus.
- Experience using electronic record-keeping programs, a plus.
- Word processing skills, a plus.
- Demonstrated strong organizational and professional skills, including writing and treatment plan development.
- Ability to work independently within the context of a group practice.
- Applicant should be able to work at least 2 days of late afternoon/evening hours and/or 1 weekend day to a total of up to 15 client hours per week.
- Provide individual, couple (using Emotionally Focused Couple Therapy), family and group therapy; or play therapy for child therapist.
- Provide therapy for relationship issues, problems with mood (depression, anxiety) in a high-functioning population, significant life transitions (marriage, divorce, career change, becoming a parent, etc.), past trauma, attachment-related issues, childhood issues.
- A mixed caseload of individuals, families, couples and groups is possible for therapists with appropriate training and experience (see details above). For those with early childhood experience and specialization, the caseload will be individual play therapy, family therapy, parent guidance and groups oriented towards children.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to: Marie Caterini Choppin, LCSW-C, Director/Owner of Lotus Point Wellness, Inc. email@example.com
WHY THE NAME "LOTUS POINT WELLNESS"?
The Lotus Flower has been treasured throughout the world for centuries as a symbol of spiritual growth and transformation. It is loved for its extraordinary capacity to grow in the most impossible of circumstances, somehow blooming with even greater majesty and color when its surroundings reflect lifelessness or stagnation. At the core of this delicate flower’s success is its ability to tap into a flow of nurturance that cannot be seen by the naked eye. This idea of tapping into nurturance is a core belief at Lotus Point Wellness – being able to nurture our relationship with ourselves and others AND nourish our bodies by what we eat and how we move are at the foundation of the services we offer and the successful outcome we hope for our clients.